Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Lark Sparrow continues at Devens 1/27

I was fortunate to veiw (and hear) the Lark Sparrow, initially found by Kevin Bourinot at Devens, this morning. After checking a few feeders in the neighborhood, I heard an odd sparrow like song, that sounded like it might some distance away. It turned out the Lark Sparrow was singing a muffled and incomplete version of its song, not 10 feet away in a forsithia right in front of me ! I was able to digi-bin a few shots.............
an obstructed view.
a better angle of the Lark Sparrow.

Below is a view of this species normal range, more information can be found at WHAT BIRD , including this map below:

Map retreived on 1/27/2011 from Whatbird.com

This was both a Massachusetts state and Worcester County bird for me...so Thank You Kevin!

1 comment:

Hilke Breder said...

You got a nice shot of it, Tom. Congrats!