Friday, May 11, 2007

A dead "Maggy"

As I stepped out the door for work this morning and the first bird I saw was a Magnolia Warbler, right at my feet. Unfortunately, one of the neighborhood cats had seen it first and all that remained was a "puff" of feathers attached to a few sheads of skin. Indoors, is a nice place for cats.

pieces of a Magnolia Warbler

During lunch time I birded near work and one hilight was both Baltimore and Orchard Orioles singing near the bike path not far from Broad Meadow Road. The "Orchard" was very cooperative and I was able to "digi-bin" a few shots through my binoculars.

Orchard Oriole (in Groton)

There was plenty of other activity a Solitary Sandpiper, Eastern Kingbirds, Yellow Wabler, Common Yellowthroat and territorial Red-winged Blackbirds and Common Grackles. In another week or so there should a few pairs of Willow Flycatchers in the area.
Common Grackle
female Red-winged Blackbird

No comments: